Ladle filling sand Introduction:
Ladle filling sand, also known as filling agent, plays a very important role in industrial furnaces and is an indispensable material for eccentric furnace tapping. As a bulk refractory material, it is filled in the nozzle of the ladle base. When pouring, the molten steel in the ladle can flow down. The working mechanism is: the upper surface filled in the ladle nozzle produces a thinner layer under the heat of molten steel The sintered layer forms a "shell". When the ladle slide plate is opened, most of the unsintered sand bodies in the nozzle fall freely, and at the same time, the static pressure of the molten steel breaks the "shell", and the molten steel flows out automatically, thereby achieving the drainage effect.
Emai us now: email@example.com
It can be seen that the ladle filling compound used as a refractory material needs to have good dispersion and flow properties, high refractoriness, no sintering, and no clogging. As a gift of nature, natural round silica sand meets this requirement well and is widely used in the field of filling compound.
Advantages of ladle silicon filling sand:
1. It has the advantages of good fluidity, high specific gravity and fast speed.
2. Strong ability to resist molten steel corrosion.
3. High refractoriness, easy to produce mild sintering with molten steel, no clogging
Precautions for use:
(1) The filling compound is in a high temperature state for a long time at the ladle nozzle, which requires a high refractoriness of the sintered layer.
(2) After the filling compound is filled into the nozzle, it is directly in contact with the molten steel. The initial sintering temperature should not be too high to avoid accidents caused by the filling compound floating up when the molten steel is added.
(3) In the process of use, the filling compound bears a large hydrostatic pressure. In order to prevent stretching, the filling compound is required to have very good fluidity and the friction between the particles should be as small as possible.
(4) When the filling compound is in a high temperature state, prevent the filling compound from falling automatically or not being able to effectively support the upper material during use.
(5) Under the high temperature and long-term smelting state, the liquid surface of the steel should not be sintered too thick, so as to achieve automatic pouring, improve production efficiency, reduce molten steel pollution, reduce flue gas consumption, and improve production safety factor.